Do’s and Don’ts for Hair care during summer
Summers are the worst time for our hairs, exposure to the sun and sweating leads to damaged, dry hair. So here are some Do’s and Don’ts that you must follow during summer to get healthy and manageable hair.
- Always wear a scarf while going out in the sun; just make sure the scarf is not very tight restricting the air from reaching the hair.
- Not only your skin but your hair also needs to be hydrated, so drink plenty of water.
- Condition your hair after each wash.
- Switch to shampoo and conditioner that have moisturizing quality in them. Choose shampoo and conditioner that contain mint, aloe Vera in them.
- While going out use leave-in conditioner which has UV protection in it.
- Wear a bun or braided hairstyle, these hairstyles control frizz.
- After shampooing and rinsing, run your hair through cold water, this will give extra shine and smoothness to your hair.
- Get your hair trimmed as in summers hair grows faster. The trimming will keep the ends healthy and free from split ends if any.
- Wet your hair with water and conditioner before going to swimming, doing this will make hair to absorb less chlorine.
- Stay away from all heating tools including hair drier.
- Stay away from products that have formaldehyde or alcohol in it.
- Try not to wash hair daily, extra washing can take away the moisture from hair.
- Do not wash your hair with warm water.
- The scalp in summers becomes very oily, so avoid using heavy oils. But still you can use essential oils like olive oil, almond oil, and coconut oil.
- Don’t keep the oil for longer time, just 3-4 hours after that Rinse it of completely.
Hope this helps you all, have a nice and healthy summers 🙂
Image source: 1, 2, 3.