16+ Health and Beauty Benefits of Tomatoes
Hello girls 🙂
We all find tomatoes in our kitchen and many of us know the health benefits of tomatoes; but do you all know that tomatoes are essential in many homemade beauty treatments?
Well, I am saying this with my personal experience on using tomatoes regularly on my skin, using this you will forget all expensive creams. Trust me! 😉
Tomato contains vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin k, vitamin B, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, iron and lycopene. These entire things make tomato a magic ingredient for health as well as for beauty.
Health Benefits of Tomatoes
- Tomatoes are amazingly rich in lycopene which is consider as an anti oxidant agent (antioxidant agent prevents cell damage). So, it decreases the chances of prostate cancer.
- Tomatoes have zero amount of cholesterol; thus it doesn’t add any cholesterol to the diet, and helps in decreasing the cholesterol level.
- Tomato helps to regulate blood sugar level as it is rich in chromium which helps diabetic patients to keep the blood sugar level under control.
- Tomato helps to increase the immunity of body and thus helps in building defenses against cold and flu.
- Tomato is great in purifying the blood.
- Tomato strengthens bones as it contains vitamin K.
- Tomato benefits the eyesight as it contains vitamin A; which maintains the health of retina.
- Tomato gives healthy skin and hair.
- Tomato reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Tomato protects against thrombosis (blood clot in the blood vessel). Phew… too many benefits. 😛
Beauty Benefits of Tomatoes
- Applying tomato paste on face brightens the skin.
- Tomato is one of the natures’ best facial cleansers. Just rub a tomato peace on face and leave it for 10 minutes then wash with cold water. This trick cleanses the face very well. 🙂
- Applying tomato on face also reduces the size of facial pores.
- Applying tomato paste on scalp reduces the bad odor.
- Applying tomato on face controls the excretion of oil and thus protects skin from pimples.
- Tomato juice helps to cure sunburn.
Tips and Application of Tomatoes
- To reduce blackheads – mix tomato puree with honey. Apply the mixture on face and leave it for 15 minutes then wash it with Luke warm water. This trick helps to reduce blackheads.
- To cure pimples – mix tomato juice with cucumber juice. Apply this mixture with the help of cotton on face. This reduces the oiliness of face and gives a pimple free skin.
- Use as natural hair conditioner – tomato juice is a natural conditioner. Just apply tomato juice on hairs. This increases the natural ph of hairs. This trick also treats the dandruff.
Use as natural cleanser – mash tomato and avocado until it becomes a smooth paste. Apply it on face and leave it for 20 minutes then rinse it off with water. This paste works as a natural cleanser.
Use as natural toner – mix tomato juice with coconut water. Apply this on skin with help of cotton. This mixture works as a natural toner and protects the skin from sunburn.
To lighten the skin color – mix tomato juice with lemon juice and apply it on face. Both lemon and tomato have bleaching properties thus they both help in lightening the skin color.
To give a cooling effect to skin – blend half of tomato and add two tablespoon of plain yogurt and apply the mixture on face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with Luke warm water.
So these are some health and beauty benefits of tomatoes including some personal tips, let us know in comment section which of the tip have helped you in what?