All About Holi Skin Care, Hair Care And Dressing
Happy Holi Ladies!
How are you all doing?
Holi is just around the corner.
Gujiya’s, papad, khurme and what not; Holi is delicious to me, I get a chance to eat all these Yummy! Things.
I keep my dieting aside when its Holi, I just can’t resist myself on Gujiya. It is so delicious, those homemade Gujiya are so different from Gujiya available in the market. I keep waiting for them all year around and the time arrives in festivals to enjoy. 🙂
Holi is definitely a fun festival but if precautions are not taken properly it can lead to a lot of skin and hair problem.
Therefore, here, I have some tips for you all to follow in Holi.
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Holi:
- Apply mustard oil, coconut oil or olive oil on both skin and hair before coming in contact with any color. This will protect skin and hair from any damaged caused by colors and will also help in easy removal of color.
- Keep drinking water and juices in between so that your body does not get dehydrated because dehydrated skin absorbs, even more,
- Many people don’t like applying oils on their body. If you are the one then go with a heavy body lotion, sunscreen will work best. It will decrease the effects of the chemical on skin.
- Apply thick amount of Vaseline on your lips.
- Cut your long nails and apply nail paints. Also, apply some Vaseline under your nails. This will protect your nails from getting colored.
- As soon as you finish playing Holi take a bath. There should be no delay in your bath. It is best to remove colors when they are still wet.
- Bathing with Luke warm water is best. First, try to remove most of the color with water then use chemical free soap and shampoo. A mixture of gram floor and milk can be used to remove extra traces of colors.
- Moisturizing skin is really important after bathing. Aloe Vera gel works best in this. It is chemical free and it will calm down your skin which has irritated with so many colors.
Clothing and Hair Tips for Holi:
- Go for white. Any color on white looks best. Holi looks much better when played wearing white color clothes.
- Go for a white color suit with Churidaar, it looks really beautiful. Dupatta helps to cover body when getting too wet, so you will be saved from any kind of uncomfortable moment.
- Wear old jeans with waist length white kurta. It will look stylish and the jeans are thick so it won’t look bad when wet.
- If not in the mood of wearing jeans then hot pants can also be paired up with a white tee or waist length kurta.
- Try to wear full sleeves clothes to cover your body as much as you can.
- Rubber sleepers are best for Holi time.
- Cotton is the best fabric to wear during Holi because on getting wet it does not stick to the body too much.
- Cover your hair with a scarf or wear a hair band. Braided hairstyle will also work and will add some Oomph! To your look.
- Wear undergarment of perfect size to save yourself from any kind of embarrassment.
Important Tips for Holi:
- Do not wear your expensive jewelry while playing with colors because colors contain various chemicals and they can react with metal. Instead, try to go for some cheap and good looking funky jewelry.
- Avoid waxing or any kind of hair removal from 3-4 days before Holi.
- Use Multani Mitti pack to remove color. Make a pack of Multani Mitti, apply it on your skin and when it gets little dry wash it off.
- Avoid exfoliating skin after playing Holi.
- Avoid taking bath with a hot water after playing colors. Luke warm will work best.
- Keep aloe vera gel or Lacto calamine handy with you. On feeling any itchiness apply it on the affected area, this will calm out your skin. If still the itchiness persists for a longer time then see a dermatologist. Never ignore it.
- Try to use Herbal colors.
So these were some tips for Holi. Try to follow them and make your Holi safer and even more enjoyable.
Happy Holi to all my lovely readers 🙂
Image source: 1, 2, 3
Also Read: Skin Care Routine – Cleansing, Toning & Moisturising